Monday, November 5, 2007

Martha I'm not, but I try!

Today I tried my hand at being crafty. My friend Toria has the cutest headbands for her baby Ivy that I've been admiring, so I decided to ask how she makes them because Karo Syrup just isn't doing the trick with the cute little bows I usually stick on Liza's head. I normally will construct a little bow and glue it to my child's head before church and by the time we get there it's off and I have to go to the library and get some glue to stick it back on. Barry finds my efforts useless because of this issue.

So now I've officially converted to the headband and I LOVE IT!!! I'm having a blast making pretty bows for Liza. She is lacking in the hair area and needs a little help jazzing up her skull. This was the first headband I made today and it turned out so cute I can't wait to make more. I was a little worried that the flower would eat up her face but it doesn't. She wore it when we went to get Jared from school and many people commented on how cute she was. I'm slowly learning but it's tons of fun!

Thanks Toria for you help!!!


4 comments:

Toria said...

VERY cute Shannon! I love it and it doesn't eat up her head at all, it's adorable. Sometimes when it comes to bows and/or flowers, I just tell John "the bigger the cuter!" While I recognize, this isn't exactly true, I still think it's funny.

cmjkmj said...

Nice work with the bow Shannon! I aspire to be so crafty one day...I loved catching up on your blog! My hubby would love it if I could follow football season as well as you--kudos for making it a family affair! Go team! ;0)

Valeri said...

I love it. Why didn't I think to do that when I had a bald baby? I so easily could have prevented the constant question of, "Oh, how old is he?"

Anonymous said...

Never thought you'd get into the girly girl thing, but oh how fun it is! It is not hard to do when you're working with such a pretty baby! Liza would look cute with a football glued to her head!