Liza has been displaying some grouchiness lately paired with a pretty high fever for the past three days. I've juiced her up with medicine and though the fever drops it returns when the medicine wears off. She's been clingy, lethargic and crying a lot and sadly it's been frustrating me and she's been sent to her bed many times. Last night I was talking with an old friend at Barry's basketball game and she suggested that maybe she was getting teeth. Someone weeks ago suggested it and I brushed it off by saying that she had all her teeth and it was somewhat ridiculous that she'd be cutting teeth. But all of a sudden last night it dawned on me that she could in fact be getting new teeth, her two-year molars. DUH! No wonder she's been cranky and running a fever. So without further ado I asked her if her mouth hurt. She nodded her head in agreement then I asked if I could see, not a chance, so I tried to feel for one and sure enough she's getting a new tooth! I can't believe that it never crossed my mind. Am I a horrible mom or what? Since finding out I've been a little more sympathetic towards her and less irritated by her grumpiness.
2 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment