Friday, March 14, 2008

Let it snow

This morning we woke up to snow. Heavy wet snow. I wasn't looking forward to shoveling the driveway one bit for fear that I'd throw my back out lifting it. Upon doing my "chore" I decided to holler in at the kids and tell them to hurry up and get dressed and come out and build a snow man. We never get wet snow and snowmen are few and far between. While they were getting dressed I decided that it would be much funner to build a fort. I spotted a Rubbermaid tub in the garage, emptied it and started filling it with snow. I cleared a spot in the front yard and Jared and I went to work. Payton only lasted about 15 minutes before he came in and put on a movie. It took about 2 hours to complete and it used up all the snow from the driveway and the yard. We had a blast working together to make a fun little fort. I could only get two layers because like I said I ran out of snow and wasn't willing to haul it from the back yard, plus I wouldn't be able to lift the tub any higher. Payton eventually came back out to help with the last 2 or 3 bricks. Liza spent a good portion of the time in her stroller. She had some moments of tears but seemed to enjoy being outside watching. I think the tears stemmed from that snow suit I put her in even thought it wasn't too cold out, but then again I was hot just from hauling snow around.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Wow I'm impressed!! That's such a cool fort! How fun! I'm sure it will stick around for awhile. :)

paulak said...

Crazy, huh, now that we are ready for spring, old man winter decides to show his face. It is a pretty snowfall though.

The George's said...

Dusty will be so excited I found your blog. Now we can see what's going on with you guys in CO. Your kids are getting big. Hope to see you in July.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Risa said...

I want to know what was in the deleted comment.