Friday, June 20, 2008

We are pleased to announce.....

.....our pregnancy with not one, but TWO babies. We found out about two weeks ago that they were twins and found out today that they are more than likely identical. We are thrilled, scared, shocked, and down right out of our minds about it. We absolutely cannot believe that we are going from a family of 5 to a family of 7!

They look great so far and have great heartbeats. I'm due Jan. 7 but probably won't go that far. 38 weeks is Christmas Eve.

If you can use a bit of imagination I'll try to explain the ultrasound. The first picture is of "Baby B". You can see the head in the upright position. If you click on the picture itself you can almost make out a tiny little face with eye sockets and a faint line for a mouth. Picture #2 is of them both. They are butt to head and laying front and back in me. Picture #3 is of "Baby A" in the head down position. It's a little more blurry and harder to distinguish, but there is for sure a heartbeat.

Their size is great and things are going smoothly so far. I haven't been too sick, just nauseous throughout the day. I've been quite fatigued. No movement so far but I can't wait to be able to feel them both.

We hope you find our news just as shocking as we did. Please keep us in your prayers that they will develop properly and be nice and healthy!

11 comments:

Lawrence Clan said...

Congrats! I didn't even know that you were trying, how exciting. We will be praying that everything goes well for you, best of luck!

Stelene

The Goulds said...

Congrats! How exciting & scary. We will be praying for you. Glad to hear that things are going well.

Valeri said...

Gotta love surprises! Congrats, Shannon! We really are thrilled for you guys and know if anyone can handle this, it's you!

Angie said...

What exciting news! Congrats!! We will keep you guys in our prayers. :)

Annie said...

Identical! How fun. We are super excited for you!

Cristi said...

Wow! That is amazing! Alan and I wish you guys the best! :)

The George's said...

We're glad it's you and not us. You guys are great parents and we wish you the best and a healthy pregnancy.

Jamie Lamb said...

Shannon-I found your blog from Valeri's. WOW! Congrats! I hope all goes well and look forward to seeing the two new babies. Good luck with everything!

Toria said...

so exciting Shannon. Glad to see the "official" news. I can imagine you're feeling lots of every emotion. Good luck keeping up with your other three while you're carrying two- time for Barry to step up right?!?!?
We're so excited for your cute family. If anyone can handle it- you can!

paulak said...

I thought I heard a little news before we left. Congrats, that is so exciting. Good luck!

dayna said...

AMAZING! holy cow i am so excited for you...and scared! you are one tough woman to take this one. bless you! God trusts you. you are a great mom and will do great!