Thursday, June 26, 2008

Twin update

This morning was crazy busy. We had to be at the hospital for an ultrasound at 10:00 which we didn't leave until after 12:00 AAARRRGH! I love people who only worry about their schedule and no one else's. Then we had to cancel and re-schedule our 11:20 Dr. appt for 2:10, drive to the USAFA then back downtown for the appt.

The ultrasound proved today that the twins in fact have their own placentas, which come to find out doesn't necessarily mean fraternal. They could still be identical, they egg would've had to split very early on. There is an 85% chance they are fraternal. We will find out gender in about 6 weeks but even then if they are boy-boy or girl-girl they could still be fraternal. It's a bunch of jargon that we aren't privy on yet. There's still a lot to learn. One great thing about them each having a placenta is that they don't risk twin-twin transfusion. They will get their own blood and nourishment. Their heartbeats are still great and they actually look like humans now versus aliens.

I even started feeling some movement today which is always fun but not so much towards the end. Real estate will be hard to come by once the end approaches. Cramped living quarters for sure.

On a non-baby related note, we are loading the crazy bus tomorrow and driving to California to meet up with Barry's sister Cindy and her family to go to Disneyland and Sea World. We are all super excited and looking forward to making some great memories.

8 comments:

Trina said...

WOW - Congrats on the twins! And have fun in California!

Deb said...

In case you read this before you go to Disneyland. After entering the park go left it's less crowded and by the time you are on the other side it's less crowded as well, and don't eat lunch at noon if you can help it. Last time we went we got a good value for lunch at the saloon where there is a good show kinda like Virginia City but you need to make reservations. It's been a while since we did that so check it out. Have a really really good time.

Toria said...

wow- are you gonna be back in 6 weeks? I'm so excited for you to find out.
Have fun at Disneyland. They don't have any rules against bringing in food, so I always pack a backpack of all sorts of snacks. Have fun in Ashland too- we'll be trying to live vicariously.

Julie Bird said...

I'm a blog stalker too! After meeting you yesterday at the LA temple I had to come see your blog! LOL! That was so funny, I'm so glad you introduced yourself to us! I love the small world of blogging! Wow- twins! Congrats! How exciting! Hope the rest of your vacation was great! It was great to meet you!

Julie Bird said...

I'm a blog stalker too! LOL! After meeting you at the LA Temple Yesterday, I had to come check out your blog! I love the small world of blogging, and I'm so glad you introduced yourself to us! It was great meeting you and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation!

Bullock said...

Hey Shannon,
After Julie told me she met you in L.A I just had to write and say hi. I can't believe you're having twins and your baby is only 1! That is so exciting, congrats. Dallas and I miss Co. Springs but love Tx. I love that you approached Julie as the blog stalker, I'm guilty of it too! Take care.

Sheryl Bullock

Ken and Amy said...

Hey that's exciting news...twins! All seats in the mini van will now be occupied! Congrats. Hope you're feeling well...let me know how I can help.

Amy Pollary

seanandkadi said...

Shannon,
Holy Crap! I am stoked for you! I hope you are having a great time in CA and I can't wait to see you when you get back.