Monday, February 11, 2008

A cache of excuses

Lately when Payton gets busted for doing something wrong, ie: not eating his dinner or going to bed on time, he has wonderful excuses that he hopes will bail him out. Here are a few of them:

"It's taking so long!" -usually protested while eating dinner
"I'm just hugging you" -as an attempt to elongate bedtime
"I just love you" -at any given time
"I want you" -found between the hours of 9p-7a
Those are just a few. They have become a source of humor around here, although we don't give in to him we still love to hand out hugs and kisses and then send him on his way.

This morning the boys both decided to comandeer our bed and while Barry was in the shower Jared rolled over almost onto Payton to which he yelled out, "Go away....you tink". I laughed and sent them off to their own beds.

On a side note of health issues that are rampant around here, Barry informed me that the reason that he never gets sick is because of the amount of Coke that he drinks and he also credits it to the farm water he grew up on. I have my reservations about this theory seeing that both have mass amounts of corrosive additives. I wonder if Barry quit Coke for one month if he'd get sick. I'm willing test this thoery to which Barry is quite reluctant.

No comments: