Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall is here

The boys school is out on their 2 week fall break and we've been trying to find fun things to do so last week we went south of Colorado Springs near Florence to the Happy Apple Farm to pick pumpkins. Liza has been begging for a pumpkin ever since Payton got one from his class field trip at the beginning of the month, however she wanted a pink one. When we woke up the weather was cloudy and cold and we almost didn't go, but decided to anyway. I was so glad that we did because it was so nice. The temp was about 75 degrees and the kids loved every minute of it. It was a great way to spend a beautiful fall day in Colorado and the drive was very pretty with the fall colors. The twins loved getting their pumpkins and were able to find little ones that they could carry all by themselves as well. On the way home I even ran over a tarantula! It was sick! Then all I could think about was that we were out in that pumpkin field and there were probably tons of taratula holes. EWW!! It gave me the heebie-jeebies. Glad I never saw one up close and personal. Under my tire is good enough!









1 comment:

Vicki Wolf said...

Darling pictures of your sweet kiddos. They are sure growing. Even those babies can carry a pumpkin. Happy carving!! Aunt Vicki