Monday, April 20, 2009

In a word....Hectic!

Holy cow has time flown by. It seems that it was just yesterday that we were out looking for houses and now we'll be closing and moving in just 2 days!!! EEEEK!

Last week Barry went to Oregon to his Aunt's funeral and I stayed behind with the kids and got the house ready to move. I've spackled, painted, boxed, loaded, and stacked. Barry got home yesterday and had today off so it was time to put our shoulder to the wheel. We worked all day today and our garage has 95% of our life in it. This afternoon I decided to join Barry at his track meet just to get away from it all. My house literally feels like its been turned upside down. Pretty much everything that once had a proper place is now either boxed away or sitting on my kitchen counter. Tomorrow will be the last of the dishes, pot and pans, spices and other random kitchen items. YAY for paper plates and pizza!

I've decided not to expect too much from this move and plan to live in shambles for some time. Hopefully...fingers crossed...I can get every thing put away and somewhat organized by Payton's birthday. I just hope it can go smoothly!

2 comments:

The George's said...

Good luck! Wish we were there to help.

Jamie Lamb said...

You are an amazing woman Shannon! You know I am going to blog stalk you now that you are moving out of the ward. I'm sure you will love your new house! We wish your family the best!